Thursday, March 08, 2007

As my work schedule becomes more hectic in recent months, it has become clear to me that the association needs more than me to keep it going. I can not do the association any good if I do not have the time to devote to keep it going. At our next meeting, I would like to hear from some of you. My thoughts are that the association create positions of president, vice president, and treasurer. In addition, the association has a need for an instructors- someone to give lectures at schools, boy scout troops etc. and also at the beginning of the season I hope to have a class on placing package bees in the hive. A beginner beekeeping course if you will.

I would also like to get a web site going and any suggestions any of you may
have would be greatly appreciated. I have some ideas but would like to hear from you too. The meetings are tentatively set for the second Saturday of the month but this Saturday I will be out of town so therefor no meeting. Instead of a meeting for March, I would like to ask for some volunteers to help me keep an eye on the hive and talk with people about beekeeping at Garden Scape on March 15-18 at the Dome Arena.

Additionally we welcome Professor Nicholas Caldeorne, from Cornell
University, who has agreed to come and talk with us Friday, March 30th at 6:00pm. He will be talking about medications in the hive and he will do a question and answer section after that. Last but not least is a link to a web site with some interesting info on colony hive collapse syndrome. www.loe.org/shows/segments.htm?programID=07-P13-00009&segmentID=3

Damon Lincourt

No comments: